My shore leave in Las Palmas




We have been sailing for more than two months. Our journey began from Singapore port destined to Guinea west of Africa. I was in AHT Salvanguard, it is a towing vessel and we were towing two large empty barges. During the voyage I was very excited to see west of Africa, but my Captain told me we might not be able to go shore leave as we were told there was another project right after we hand in the barges.

Weeks pass by and provision started to deplete, so it was our lucky day. We manage to stop a few miles away from Mauritius island to receive our provision through a service boat. For me it was still a breathtaking moment as I manage to see the island. Our voyage continue and it was matter of weeks till we reach our preferred port of destination.

One we arrived at Guinea west Africa, it was matter of hours only for us to hand over the barges and drop our anchor in the anchorage area. I was slightly disappointed as we were not able to get shore leave in Guinea. The following day my Captain received news from office stating we need to head to Las Palmas for provision and fresh water. My hopes were regained and from Guinea to Las Palmas the voyage was only a week. Once I arrived there the place was magical, only the photos below will tell what I meant. 

Perfect sandy beach in Las Palmas
Me posing near the walk way. Haha

Friendly people taking their evening walks 

A beautiful sand sculpture made by one of the locals here

The weather was perfect to admire the beauty of the beach

Another picture of me. Hehe

I have got to say the sun was at the right spot.
Overall, my trip to Las Palmas was a memorable one as I manage to meet beautiful people and manage to enjoy the scenery and beauty of the island. I hope to come back here soon.

Comments

Popular Posts