My last ship Armada Firman 2

My last ship was MV Armada Firman 2, accommodation workboat fitted with DP2. The vessel trades at Baronia oilfield at Sarawak high seas which provide offshore accommodation and living facilities for personnel to and from worksites, deck space, workshops for fabrication and crane supply. I also have experienced fasting on board during holy ramadhan month. It was quite challenging as we need to work hard for the all the day. Then, we performed Tarawikh prayers together onboard. During my time, total person onboard was 180 paxs including marine crew with different background and religious. Most of the passengers and crew are from sarawakian, during Hari Gawai we celebrate it together onboard with some competition such as tarian ngajat, karaoke, sumpit and others. It was so great to know with their cultures. Other than that, platform gangway will be used for means of transferring personnel to and from platform. Vessel will approach the gangway in DP mode and safety considerations need to be taken because it’s really close to the platform. But personnel transfer also can be done by means of fast crew boat (FCB) which will pick up them to and from the worksites.
FCB snatching for personnel transfer
Ngajat dance performance 

Sunset view at Baronia oilfield

Goodbye AF2...Balik Raya dulu :P
 Throughout my experience on board, the most happiest moments everyone of seafarers was when my name came out in the list of offsigning crew. I was so excited and happy as I already completed my seatime and of course celebrated Hari Raya with my family. The sign off feeling cannot described by words after all the hard time I faced through out of 12 months on board ship. I’m coming home and good to see my family again.

Comments

Popular Posts