My First Ship

my first ship was Eagle Atlanta. it is a tanker ship with 246m LOA and 48m breadth. it's a big ship isn't? two weeks after i sent my NOR to the office, i received a call and an email from the office. i will be joining Eagle Atlanta on the 16th september 2015 and i need to repoty to the office on the 18th september. on the 18th september i went to the office and mr Zainal Che Man briefed me a lil' bout safety and AET's culture onboard. after finished all i went back to my hotel, Palace Hotel. i stayed there for free for one week because my ship delayed they still at anchorage. after one week i went to my uncle's house at Wangsa Maju and stayed there for another one week and after 16 days (7 days at hotel 9 days at my uncle's house) the office called and they informed me that i will join the ship the next day. my flight from kl to dubai, transit, and from dubai to houston. i spent 20 hours on the flight, almost one day! i arrived at houston in the evening. after cleared custom everything i met with other onsigners, captain, 2nd engineer, 3rd officer, and 4th engineer. the agent took us for dinner at Sheraton Hotel and afterwards he brought us to the ship. it took another 4 hours journey to our ship. we arrived at port neches at midnight. the first time i saw our ship it was shocked because it was my first time seeing ship that big! when we joined there will be ship familiarisation from 3rd officer or 2nd officer. then the chief officer show me my cabin and tell me to take rest and meet him 8 o'clock in the morning to issue me coverall etc. i was lucky because my classmate, siddiq was onboard the ship. i learnt a lot from him. after siddiq signed off, the reliever also my classmate, dhaarviend. after 6 months and 2 days i signed off. damn i miss my first ship .





Comments

Popular Posts